Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Best of Times is NOW!






This is the BEST time in history to be alive! It's our time. I know today is getting bad press but we are part of a revolution. Change is not always comfortable.
I believe we are going from a time when materialism was king, to the time of the Queen of Hearts. It takes heart to let go of old ideas and look inside for what really matters.
What would you do if you didn't care how much it paid? What is it that makes you dance a little when you think about it?
My bliss is creating beautiful things to wear, to eat, to dress up my home, without being limited by social norms or media dictation.

I have a friend who calls me the Mistress of Found Treasures. I get a real kick out of making something old and forgotten useful again. Not just useful but more exciting than before.
 

Our landfills are full. Discarding things that still have life left in them just seems so wrong to me. I am doing my part to recycle. I love the new word "upcycle" which means "turning found objects into art". You know taking that old black jacket and dressing it up! You love the fit but it needs a little somethin'somethin'.

My new adventure is called The Velvet Princess.....Vintage and previously enjoyed fashion with passion.
Sisters of the trash to treasure revolution unite! Get out your glue guns and find the joy of creating something from what ever you already have in your closet, dresser drawer, or kitchen cabinet. Hand made is back and the new black ......well it is still black but with a little sparkle added!

Check out my new etsy store www.thevelvetprincees.etsy.com. New things are being added all the time. Thank you for stopping by. Leave a comment and let me know what you working on. If you make something contact me I'd enjoy including you in a post! See you soon.

No comments: